Last revised May 2012
Personal Information We collect
We may collect several kinds of information from you, depending on the part of the Site being visited. For example, We may collect personal information from you when you register for a forum or newsletter, create a user name and password, provide feedback, or send email inquiries. The information that We collect is set out on the relevant pages of the Site and may include your name, email address, postal address, postcode, country of residence, job title, daytime and/or mobile phone number and information about your workplace and the nature of your business. In general, you can visit the Site without revealing any information about yourself. However, some portions of the Site may require you to register to be able to use its features to their fullest extent.
Our use of your information
We may use the personal information We collect via the Site for any of the following purposes:
- providing, developing, improving and personalizing Our services and the Site;
- registering you on the Site;
- providing you with promotional communications (subject to the Promotional Activities section below);
- dealing with your inquiries and requests;
- generating anonymous reports about use of the Site and its features;
- allowing you to take part in promotions or surveys; and
- keeping you up to date by sending you Our newsletters.
If you register on the Site We may use the personal information We collect to provide you with information about Our activities. We may send you such information by Email, SMS text message, or any other form of electronic message, as well as any other medium which becomes relevant from time to time. If We send you an electronic newsletter, information about Our activities, or if you sign up to an HSA Foundation group or email list, each message We send will include instructions on how to “unsubscribe” from that communication.
Disclosure of Information
We will not disclose your personal information that We collect from the Site to any third parties without your consent except:
- to employees and independent contractors of HSA Foundation, analytic vendors, and other service providers and suppliers if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for HSA Foundation or to perform a service that you have requested;
- to and between members of the HSA Foundation;
- where you give Us permission to disclose your personal data to third parties selected by Us for marketing purposes;
- if We are required to do so to comply with a legal requirement or request from a competent court, regulator or other authority; and/or
- where We deem it necessary, in Our sole discretion, to protect Our legal rights or property or the legal rights or property of an individual who registers with the Site or any third party, or to prevent personal injury.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information about you that We pass to a third party will be held securely by that party and only be used for the purposes for which it was provided to them. Except as noted above, information We collect from Site visitors will not be shared with individuals or other companies unrelated to, or that do not perform a business, professional or technical function for HSA Foundation.
Security and Quality
HSA Foundation is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the personal information that you provide. We will use a variety of advanced security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Please help Us to keep your personal information secure by not using an obvious login name or password and ensuring you do not divulge your password to any other person.
Cookies, Web Beacons & Other Tracking Technologies
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen for information about how to do this. You may also delete cookies whenever you wish. However, this will mean that any information you have entered onto the Site will be lost. For example, the Site will not recognize you on your next visit and you will have to re-enter any personal details you had previously inputted. Please note that if you choose not to accept cookies you may not have access to certain features that make your experience of the Site more efficient and some of the features on the Site may not function properly. You can find out more about cookies, including how to delete them, at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
The Site may also use “Web beacon” technologies. When you access pages on with a Web beacon, an anonymous notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by Us or by Our analytics vendors. These Web beacons work in conjunction with cookies to let Us know what portions of the Site are of interest to Our visitors, how many of Our newsletters have been read and to help Us provide you with tailored information from the Site.
If you choose not to accept cookies, Web beacon technologies will still detect anonymous visits, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other information and are disregarded.
Links to external websites
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information We hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests (with a return email where possible) to:
Or by Post to:
c/o AMD – Gregory Stoner
7171 Southwest Parkway
Austin, Texas 78735
Changes, Oversight and Questions
Comments and questions regarding our policy should be directed to the address shown in the “Access to your information” section above.