Looking back at the last six month we have had exceptional acceptance of the bring HSA forward truly as standard. We are now at 22 companies and 5 academic members with still more coming in 2013.
It was just a little over year ago when I stepped into AMD to see how we could move HSA beyond a vision Phil Rogers and his team had at AMD to becoming a Industry Standard that truly scaled from deeply embedded devices, Smartphones, Smart TV’s, PC’s and also the way up to HPC class systems. We are now on the path to truly make this happen.
We have strong involvement form the best engineers and innovator from Apical, AMD, ARM, Arteris, Ceva, Codeplay, DMP, Fabric Engine, Imagination Technologies, LG, Marvell, MediaTek, MultiCoreWare, Qualcomm, Samsung, Sonic, ST, ST Ericsson, Symbio, Tensilica, TI, and Vivante all driving forward with single vision to drive innovation around heterogeneous computing.
I am also proud to say we have also started to attract some of best minds in academia to bring HSA to the next level. Feel good to be starting 2013 right.
- Professor Simon McIntosh-Smith University of Bristol, Microelectronic Group
- Professor Michael O’Boyle – University of Edinburgh Director of Institute for Computing Systems Architecture
- Professor Sarita Adve – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ( Like to thank Hans Boehm for introduce us to Professor Adve )
- Professor JenqKuen Lee NTHU Programing Language Lab
- Professor Yeh-Ching Chung NTHU Systems Software Lab
One last thing, I am also happy to report we close on bringing our first specification to ratification: HSA Programer Reference Guide. After it is ratified we will be making this spec public sometime in Q1/2013.
Looking forward to the what 2013 has instore for HSA