We had a great turn out for the launch of HSA Foundation. Also the HSA Foundation received some amazing feedback from the press and analyst around the formation of HSA Foundation. Most importantly we have had a very positive reception from industry and developer we really working on right problems and solving critical issue in today’s system..
Tom Malloy’s presentation really set up the day with the need to address key issue in the system, drivers, and runtime to make it easier for broader class of programers to be able to solve the real problem and not get encumbared in bit banging the system for maximum performance. Phil Roger went back this year to look at real example where HSA can truely bring new levels of performance as well as performance per joule efficiency.
It is great to know we are helping to bring better products to market that drive new levels of experience. With HSA Foundation partners it will be ready from Deeply embedded systems, Smartphones,Tablets,Laptop, Desktops and Servers, and will even scale all the way up to HPC class Exaflop clusters.
- The IP catalog they have available with the five founders is borderline staggering, and it will only get bigger. If the HSA Foundation hasn’t gotten a critical mass of coder interest too, it will soon. From here, it looks like AMD did the right thing for the right reason, don’t underestimate this one. – Charlie Demerjian, SemiAccurate
- We have much more the learn about the HSA Foundation and its direction for the industry but we can easily say that this is probably the most important processor company collaboration announcement in many years. – Ryan Shrout, PC Perspective
- Bit-Tech: AMD announces the HSA Foundation
- Business Insider: Intel’s Enemies Plan To Make Your Computer A Whole Lot Faster
- EE Times: AMD looks smart in the brain engineering era
- EE Times: AMD, ARM, Imagination, TI, MediaTek form HSA group
- EE Times: AMD announces HSA foundation and industry partners
- Engadget: Rivals AMD and ARM unite, summon others to become ‘heterogeneous’
- GigaOm: AMD, ARM, others team up to take on Intel everywhere
- IntoMobile: AMD, ARM, and several other big players get together to form the HSA Foundation
- Legit Reviews: AFDS 2012: HSA Foundation Formed By AMD, ARM, Imagination, MediaTek and Ti
- PC Mag: AMD, ARM, TI Form HSA Foundation to Promote Heterogeneous Computing
- PCPerspective: AFDS 2012: HSA Foundation Joins AMD, ARM, Ti, Imagination and MediaTek with Open Architecture
- PCWorld/IDG: Industry Consortium to Tackle Open Spec for Software Use Across Multicore Devices
- SemiAccurate: AMD and ARM joined by Imagination, TI, and MediaTek
- Tech Eye: AMD, ARM and chipmakers team up to take on Intel
- The Inquirer: AMD ropes ARM, Imagination and Texas Instruments into heterogeneous computing
- The Verge: AMD joins ARM, MediaTek, and others to form computing open standards group
- V3: AMD puts its weight behind Heterogeneous System Architecture
- VentureBeat: Chip makers form group to save power in hybrid processing tasks
- X-bit Labs: AMD, ARM, Imagination, MediaTek and TI Establish Heterogeneous System Architecture Foundation